Construct Corruption

by Stony1205

Up until now, many of you probably make most of your constructs with very simple intentions. For the most part, there is no need to make use of anything too horribly complicated. Yet, sometimes there are instances where complicated programming is needed. Let me provide an example for you go chew on, a telepathic message filter. Perhaps it seems a tad easy at first, but let's break it down a tad. You'll want it to:

  • Keep its programming
  • Regenerate from your energy supply
  • Keep out all non-friendly thoughts
  • Make sure it lets out all of your sendings
  • Allows sendings from friends to come in, but only if they don't contain anything harmful
That's a short list, but I think you get the basic idea. Now, if you don't plan things out it can be easy for your sub-c and the construct to become confused. If your sub-c becomes confused, it can usually sort out what you want it to do on your own. However, your constructs lack that intelligence.

Definition of a Construct Error: An event that occurs when a construct's programming becomes corrupted due to personal confusion in the creation stage, overuse of the construct, age of the construct, or outside influence, like a virus.

The following paragraphs will show you just how corruption works, and what causes it.

Natural Corruption

I've found over my years of practice and communication with other psychics, that people tend to overuse their constructs. They put large stress loads on them, and don't take the time to properly regenerate. When they programmed them last week, they didn't think as to how much they would be used, instead, the said person just "did it". It's similar to, "Hmmmm, I'm going to build a house, I don't know its dimensions, or even if the ground is level, I just want to build a house. Now gimme some bricks."

If this was the conversation your contractor had, I'd suggest leaving your home... now. When you don't plan out your constructs before hand, you end up destroying them after, and sooner than you might think. What many people don't realize is that your construct will work only in the exact way you tell it to. Constructs don't adapt to situations. They work quite similarly to a Windows application. If you don't program it for every little situation, you get a nice lovely error, or sometimes nothing at all. Basically the same thing here. So when you force too many commands into your construct, it becomes twisted, and can't handle all the information coming into it. The programming begins to weaken, and it eventually cracks and morphs because of the pressure. These can range from change in color, to totally change in the main idea.

I have a quick personal story (no, you can't sit in a circle on my floor) to tell you. I'm not proud of it, but It serves a purpose in this article.

As some PsiPog members may know, I like to experiment with various construct oddities. You could say that's my psychic hobby. I recently had an unfortunate mishap with one of my more successful constructs. Now usually, I only have a few projects going on at the same time, so I can keep them all recharged and up to date. However, one specific project required not one construct to get the job done, but about ten or so. I knew that would be too many for me to keep going at one time, so I created another construct to pump them up for me. To keep this from becoming my life's story, I basically made a giant battery for psiballs (giggles from the crowd).

It took me about a week to fully get this giant dry-cell up and running but I finally connected all the "wires". My constructs managed to be stable for about two days when I found some of them began to move around, and lose their responsiveness. After another couple of days, they lost form completely, and fell apart. Weeks of hard work ruined. It wasn't without gains, however. I learned a lot about the way energy works from this. I found out that energy has certain "stress loads" based on its size, density, and programming. If you overload constructs with energy, such as the unregulated amounts coming from my battery, they tend to give out finding space for all that extra and sudden energy. Such weaknesses make complicated programming a tricky art to learn. It may not be necessary for everyone to learn to program as complex as this, but if you want to become specialized in energy manipulation, you are going to need it.

Viral Corruption

Although this is an extremely rare occurrence, there are forms out there that can be dubbed "viruses". Many just follow you around or play psychic jokes, but there are a few that could cause you some grief. Again, these are highly uncommon, but they are out there. In fact, my community (area of about 50ish square miles) had a rather odd outburst of them about a year ago.

So how do these work? Viruses tend to float randomly about, not being directed at any specific target. They are usually copies of the original construct that were released on a mass scale. They attach themselves to other constructs, mostly shields, then they release their destructive programming. Think of them as a bubble with acid on the inside. When the bubble pops, the acid spills all over your shield, melting it away, layer by layer. Of course, the programming is more complicated than that, but that's the general idea. Disclaimer: Please don't go around making these constructs. This is considered in most parts of the world as an attack. Nobody here is going to bail you out if you get in hot water. Point being, don't be an ass.

There are ways to prevent such a devastating thing from happening to you. I'll list a few here.

  • Don't program your shields to deflect once hit, use them to repel things instead. This way, the construct won't know it attached to anything, and make a false infection.
  • Use "Anti-Virus" programming. This one is harder, but it can be effective on a long-term basis. Keep updating this one with construct signatures and examples, similar to Norton or McAffee.
  • Keep some repel shields around. These make viruses just zip away. Simple.
  • If you know an area is infected, use dummies to use up the viruses. Haven't tried this one, experiment for yourself.

So there you have it, two kinds of construct corruption. I hoped this helped make some of you realize that constructs aren't as pliable as you may think. Be easy on your programming. If you have to, make construct systems instead of one big one, and don't over do it. The simpler the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home